Monday, January 14, 2013

How to Deal with Pesky Teens

As a former public librarian for teens and current school librarian for middle school and upper school students, a video advertised in the American Library Association's weekly email titled "How to Deal with Pesky Teens" intrigued me. Of course, I would never describe my teens as pesky! At least, I would never say they are inherently a nuisance or intentionally annoying. Thankfully, I don't think the makers of this video think so either. Watch it for a primer in what to do with all those teens who come in your library for reasons other than using its resources (and let's face it, most of our older teens don't come for the books or our assistance).


What do you do in your Library to set boundaries or occupy the students who have nowhere else to go? Leave a note in Comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment