Even though literary goings-on might not be the first thing to come to mind when you think of December, here are actually some interesting events you might want to catch.
Books of Wonder (18 W 18th St, New York, NY 10011)
There are always so many amazing authors and events here but these ones especially caught my eye.
- Meet R. L. Stine on Saturday, December 3rd - 1:00pm-3:00pm
- Pop-Ups and Interactive Books Celebration on Saturday, December 10th - 1:00pm-3:00pm
- December Picture Book Bonanza on Sunday, December 11th - 1:00pm-3:00pm
- Fantastic Teen Reads on Friday, December 16th - 6:00-8:00pm (three authors including Neal Shusterman)
Barnes and Noble (Central Plaza, 2614 Central Park Avenue, Yonkers, NY 10710)
Chris Grabenstein presenting Home Sweet Motel at 6:00pm (to be followed by the Harry Potter Magical Ball)
Children’s Books on Tour: NYC - Literary Networking Event on Thursday, December 1st 6:30-8:30 pm
Join the German Book Office of New York on December 1 at the Goethe Institut NYC (30 Irving Place, 4th floor) for a panel on translating children’s books, followed by a networking session.
- Daniel Slager (Publisher and CEO of Milkweek Editions and renowned translator of German)
- Emily Clement (Editor at Arthur A. Levine Books/Scholastic, Inc.)
This event is free and open to the public. Please RSVP to Riky Stock (email@example.com) by November 28, 2016.
Barnes and Noble, various locations, on Saturday, December 3rd - 9:00am on
Educator Holiday ShoppingPre-K through 12 educators are invited to a special holiday shopping event --- just for you! Educators will receive a 25% discount on books, toys, games, movies, music and more. Plus, 10% off Café consumables and select NOOK® devices.
Sarah Kresberg, Library Director
The Allen-Stevenson School