Friday, May 30, 2014

Must Read Blogs

Everyone has a collection of resources they use to keep current with library news and find out about new books. Though I find Twitter to be useful, I feel like I would miss a lot if I didn't also have a collection of blogs that I follow through RSS.

Here's a list of some of my favorite sites:
  • 100 Scope Notes -If you work with lower school students, you should definitely familiarize yourself with school librarian Travis Jonker's blog which covers news and reviews.
  • AB4T (Adult Books for Teens) - Because I work with upper school students and this site covers an abundance of adult titles with appeal for teenagers, this is one of my favorite resources, though I should disclose that I recently started reviewing for this site as well.
  • Early Word -This site is great for announcing recently published books. They also run a GalleyChat on Twitter for librarians to rave about upcoming books.
  • Fuse #8 - Betsy Bird's blog focuses on reviews and news for the younger set through middle grade.
  • Heavy Medal - Jonathan Hunt and Nina Lindsay discuss Newbery possibilities on this blog that is highly active from September through January.
  • The Hub - YALSA's blog with content by teens and librarians is full of great themed booklists.
  • Library Stuff - This is a great stopping point for general library news.
  • Never Ending Search - If you are a school librarian and aren't already familiar with Joyce Valenza, you should remedy this! She always posts great digital teaching tools and resources for librarians. I also recommend following her on Twitter.
  • No Shelf Required - Sue Polanka's site is one of the best places to get updated news on ebooks.
  • Someday My Printz Will Come - This blog is the place to go for a discussion of literary merit in YA books and speculation on the possible winners of the Printz award. It's most active later in the year before awards season.

Do you have a favorite that I didn't mention? Please add it in the comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment