Monday, November 18, 2013

 



 
The Joy of Children’s Literature
I can still remember how the joy I felt as a child reading my favorite books, from the Hardy Boys, Nancy Drew and Archie Comics to such classics as Tuck Everlasting, The Neverending Story and A Wrinkle in Time. Those books and many others helped shaped the way I read and the way I view the world. We all have our favorite children’s books which are dear to us and have also found recent children’s books that speak to us as adults.
The New York Public Library has an amazing exhibition called The ABC of it: why children’s books matter. This exhibition celebrates the extraordinary richness, artistry, and diversity of children’s literature across cultures and time. If you have any time, please go and enjoy this extraordinary tour given by NYPL.
  

No comments:

Post a Comment